Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Product Organization is seeking a Senior Manager of Product Management for Device Experience who will be an exceptional addition to our Strategic Product Integrations Team. As a Senior Manager of Product Management at Hulu, you will lead a team of product managers to create the roadmap for living room device experiences and optimize the technical capabilities of the television form factor for Hulu subscribers. You will engage internal and external stakeholders to align priorities, resources, and budgets, and drive significant new engagement from Hulu viewers by delighting them with an experience on their TV that feels natural and intuitive. You will drive prioritization using data and strategic priorities, communicate solutions concisely, articulate clear paths toward resolution to technical and non-technical groups and passionately drive results. The right person for this role will have a strong track record as a leader and people manager, will be a subject-matter expert in building digital content experiences that leverage device capabilities and consumer electronics partnerships, and will be adept at driving the vision for highly visible consumer experiences. If you are someone who has passion for the future of consumer technology and digital content, loves coaching and motivating your team to be their best, and wants to build best in class product organizations, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Define and own the product and development roadmap for Hulu’s living room roadmap, balancing customer impact, hardware capabilities such as screen size, inputs and outputs, distribution partner requirements, and level of effort. You will work with your manager, the Director of Strategic Product Integrations, to align this roadmap with the overall roadmap for subscriber engagement, technical partner management, and UX at Hulu.
- Help identify ways of increasing discovery of the Hulu application through global partner product integrations on device and in app stores, and translate them into a clear strategy and action plan for your team to execute.
- Set engagement goals for the Hulu app on game console, smart TV, and set top boxes for users, and own measurement and accountability for metrics towards those goals.
- Drive design and requirement prioritization of Hulu’s experience on smart TVs, set top boxes, and game consoles.
- Partner closely with the leadership of our client applications engineering organization, and establish a highly effective working relationship with leaders across the product, engineering, and UX design teams.
- Engage regularly with tech leads and program managers across Hulu’s technology organization to define scope and manage feature sets, sprints, and releases.
- Manage and develop a team of highly motivated and talented product managers working on Hulu’s client experiences.
- Create and present vision and proposals to stakeholders, and gain buy-in from leadership across multiple disciplines.
- This position will be based in Seattle, and travel to Hulu’s headquarters in Santa Monica will be required on a regular basis.
WHAT TO BRING
- 6+ years of consumer facing product management experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of product managers
- Hands-on experience working on consumer products, with demonstrated examples of driving improvements to the experience though deep customer insights
- Experience with defining client application requirements balancing hardware constraints and capabilities with best in class consumer experience.
- High comfort level in analytics and generating customer insights from data trends.
- Interpersonal savviness to develop cooperative working relationships across the organization.
- Strong communication skills rooted in structured problem solving and factual analysis.
- Ability as a Product leader to craft a compelling vision and gain buy-in from stakeholders.
- Proven leader who can execute high quality user experiences and deliver products quickly in a cross-functional environment.
- Proven success with data-driven product decision-making
- Strong command of agile development processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (CS, CE, EE) or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with experimentation (such as A/B and multivariate testing)
- MBA or equivalent (preferred)
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.