Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu's small and growing Seattle office is seeking talented individuals to help us reinvent television. You will help build a service where people can find and enjoy the world's premium video content when, where, and how they want it. If you're the kind of person who loves building scaling software, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Hulu may be the place for you. We have high expectations of our team, and we believe this standard helps us to deliver world-class service. We are looking for an engineering manager to drive the systems that power all of our user experiences. We create the services and APIs to authorize and deliver metadata to our users. We build the APIs that our devices use to build the rich Hulu UI experience. We engineer our services to handle thousands of requests a second while delivering on a high SLA. There is no shortage of tough, non-trivial challenges facing Hulu as we work to change the way that television is viewed online. This role requires a hands on engineering manager that can empower the team to evolve system architecture, partner with other teams in building cogent APIs, improve reuse, bring strong operational experience, and a proven ability to lead a team of engineers towards high quality product delivery.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage a team of highly capable engineers that are designing, building, and extending high-capacity, large-scale web services.
- Collaborate with senior internal team members and external stakeholders to gather requirements and drive implementation.
- Own the operations for your team’s services to ensure stability and uptime.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership for a team of software engineers and mentor new team members.
- Demonstrate ability to attract talent, build teams and have fun.
- Evangelize your team’s work across Hulu, the industry, and the open source community.
- Support your team’s efforts to follow engineering best practices through test-oriented development, continuous integration, and fail-safe design.
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- 4+ years managing engineers
- 8+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Experience running and operating critical, highly scalable, RESTful web-services
- A passion for building robust and reliable technology