Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s Technology team is seeking a Head of Engineering, Subscription & Payments who will be an exceptional addition to our Engineering team. As a Head of Engineering, Subscription & Payments at Hulu, you will be leading all efforts related to the architecting, development and delivery of our billing solutions, across retail, wholesale and third-party channels. The right person for this role is a recognized technical leader with strong domain expertise in subscriptions and payments space. If you are someone who has a passion for building, disrupting and innovating, then this is an outstanding role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the Subscription Billing and Payments Engineering organization, with offices in Santa Monica and Seattle.
- Actively participate at a senior executive level across the Hulu organization to align and coordinate engineering and other business activities.
- Drive and productize Hulu's subscription and billing platform, including build, buy and partner activities.
- Motivate, encourage, and develop one of the most hardworking and capable engineering teams in the streaming business.
- Allocate and lead a multi-million annual investment aimed at increasing velocity and cementing Hulu's 'start with the viewer' subscription philosophy.
- Be responsible for real-time and recurrence billing infrastructure servicing 30+ million subscribers across a variety of desktop, mobile and living room devices.
WHAT TO BRING
- 15+ years of engineering management experience with 5+ years in subscription domain
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of the payments ecosystem, including wallets and global payments providers
- Experience developing and evangelizing software platforms, including multi-tenant use cases
- Exposure to international payments methods and privacy considerations
- Demonstrated ability to ship large scale projects with an emphasis on quality, security, scale, and high-availability
- Strong ability to identify, hire and grow talent at both individual contributor and manager level
- Currently located in Los Angeles
- Ability to run remote offshore engineering operations
- Named patents and/or published, speaking engagements