Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
BJ Vertical Team at Hulu Beijing owns several core business inside Hulu, including Search experience, voice control experience, content campaign.We are a vertical team, because we always focus on delivering end-to-end solution from user experience in different clients (mobile device, smart TV/set-top box, game console, web, ...) to complex business logic in multiple backends. The team is composed of smart engineers with different background and skills. Our tenant is a strong tech team to deliver E2E solution, a role model to drive internal open source, a cradle of the full stack engineers.Now, this team is looking for a software developer with strong experience in web or client development. This role is focused on reimagining, reworking, enhancing and improving Hulu experience on multiple client platforms, like Android, iOS, living room devices and web. In general, we’re looking for someone NOT just writing code to display data from a web-service. We work a lot with media live streaming web services that provide value to our viewers, business and client / web technology. As a member of a small team, you would be expected to contribute not only to feature development, but also to our development culture – from improving our engineering practices to using new frameworks and languages – to ensure that we can build the best application for watching premium video content on different devices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build and manage team of software engineers to deliver awesome products and experiences to Hulu user
- Help to drive the architecture and tech choices
- Hire/coach/develop top performing engineers
- Solve difficult challenges using your expertise and experience
- Establish a solid project framework and engineering process
WHAT TO BRING
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Strong tech background , proven record for deliver real world large scale projects with high quality
- Comprehensive knowledge in large scale system/Data pipeline/Machine learning design
- 8 years or above software development experience
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Past work experiences in US