Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to join its quickly growing team. At Hulu, you are the steward of health and effectiveness for our development teams. You ensure that critical information is shared, while noise is kept to a minimum. You are fluent in the language of technology as well as product, marketing, and advertising. You will also need to move quickly; we use a wiki, JIRA, and whatever agile tools the team discovers work best. Above all else, you are expected to navigate inevitable change over the life of a project; lead with vision, plan with foresight, execute with precision, and handle change with grace.The Accounting Operations Technical Program Manager will be tasked with first and foremost enabling the development team to support the Subscription accounting teams in their close process whether it is monthly, quarterly or year end. This team works to timelines that are imposed based on contractual and Accounting GAAP requirements. The emphasis must be on timely and accurate delivery. Besides supporting a highly integrated eco-system, this team is tasked with supporting third party vendors, and facilitating cross functional teamwork required for subscription accounting teams reporting and analysis. You will steward the work of teams that make all of this possible. You will shepherd the development process for these teams, gather the requirements, ensuring that it is both effective and tailored to each team's domain. You will also be a key partner for the functional managers of your team members, ensuring that they have visibility into team members’ engagement and contribution to their groups. Strong communication and strict adherence to governed releases and deliverables is key in this position. Stakeholder management is one of the critical skills required to ensure that the right priorities are being addressed based on accounting deadlines.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own project schedules and drive deliverables to completion during close calendar periods in particular
- Ability to work with external resources such as internal and external auditors
- Successfully partner with engineers to resource plan and efficiently release products
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to launch new products and features
- Manage multiple projects with shifting and competing priorities
- Distill product requirements into actionable items for team members
- Document and communicate platform updates and code releases
- Help improve team processes and monitor overall team health
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, degree in a relevant technical field, or equivalent relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in software program management
- Firsthand knowledge of reporting systems related to accounting or financial metrics.
- Solid understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation