Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s Personalization group is seeking a Senior Product Manager who will help in the definition, strategy, and execution of our Discovery Service Platform. This platform includes the services that enables Hulu browse, search, recommendations, content/user understanding, and machine learning analytics. You will partner with product managers in each area, architects, engineers, and researchers to help us figure out the investments and tradeoffs to enable new scale and market offerings. Hulu’s subscriber base has more than quintupled (5x growth) in the last 5 years— with that kind of growth and whatever is to come, it's imperative that we think about scale!
You will also directly own our Search and Browse services and be responsible for defining the roadmap of improvements needed as well as anticipating any issues as we launch new content or live events.
Your work will not only enable the corresponding user experiences within personalization— by exposing key services and building an accessible platform, you will empower other teams and organizations across Hulu.
Our ideal team member is someone who loves data, and tricky technical challenges --- and can partner effectively with highly technical engineering, research, and data science partners. Our future team member should also be able to 'zoom out,' applying business sense and strategy to ensure investments have meaningful business impact.
This is not a theoretical job where your work is hidden behind the scenes — Discovery Platform touches the majority of the TV shows and movies users see when they launch our app and ultimately watch. It is a key driver of our business. This is a role with breadth and depth—- lots of partnership opportunities across different disciplines as well as clear areas of direct ownership.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner across disciplines to define strategy and ensure alignment on tradeoffs for major architectural changes
- As we iterate on our product offerings, operationalize how we toggle features and green-light roll-out
- Identify new opportunities where Discovery Platform components can be applied internally at Hulu
- Define backend roadmap and opportunities for Search and Browse
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager
- Experience in working on complex services
- Data-focused mindset and proven ability to use data to explore all aspects of a problem
- Familiarity with machine learning fundamentals
- Clear, logical communication skills and an ability to adjust your style based upon your audience -- from non-technical to research PhDs.
- Passion for TV
- Curiosity -- in this space, we often find ourselves reading the latest research paper or playing with a new proof-of-concept.
- Experience in social/entertainment space (music, video, social)
- Hands-on experience with experimentation (such as A/B and Multi-armed bandit testing)
- Experience with machine learning at scale