Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
BJ Vertical Team at Hulu Beijing owns several core businesses inside Hulu, including search experience, voice control and content campaign. We are a vertical team, because we always focus on delivering end-to-end solution from user experience in different clients (mobile device, smart TV/set-top box, game console, web, ...) to complex business logic in multiple backends. The team is composed of smart engineers with different background and skills. Our tenant is a strong tech team to deliver E2E solution a role model to drive internal open source a cradle of the full stack engineers. If you already are an expert in some areas (either client or backend), and have a strong passion to expand knowledge/skill and welcome challenges in new areas, this team will be a place where your dream begins. Now, this team is looking for a strong backend developer, who has passion to help us achieve following missions. Build/maintain core business logic in backend. Handle data driven based user experience analysis and improvement, which includes client data/metrics collection, statistics based data analysis, and A/B test technologies. Cross platform automation test solution, which can simplify daily operation effort.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- This role requires outstanding programming skills, a passion for user experience and design, and having demonstrated ability optimizing, developing, launching and maintaining large scale production systems.
- As a key member of the team, you will contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing.
- You should be willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
- You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, love autonomy, know how to deliver, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems.
- Experience building back-end systems utilized by low latency/high volume mobile applications, and having demonstrated ability optimizing systems across a variety of domains/surfaces (Web, Mobile Web, Apps, other devices).
WHAT TO BRING
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- 2+ years software development experience
- Outstanding programming ability in - Java/Python/Ruby
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with build and deployment tools