Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Experimentation Services and Platform team is seeking a Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Software Developer on the experimentation platform team, you will be building internal products that enable and promote test driven product development at Hulu. Your work will streamline how Hulu uses data to develop products and features, help discover new insights into user behavior, and act as a force multiplier for our product development team. The ideal candidate has experience building backend web services, understands how to produce technical requirements from architectural designs, and is rigorous when operationalizing the services they build. If you are the curious type who loves building high quality tools that help answer interesting questions, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Participate in the design and implementation of core platform features.
- Build tools to deliver accurate experiment analysis and enable insights into customer behavior.
- Write services to deliver targeted user experiences.
- Serve as a member of our platform ops team to ensure the platform is stable and performant.
WHAT TO BRING
- Proficiency with Java, Spark, and Hadoop.
- 5+ years of experience with web-services and database design.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc).
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- Experience running or supporting A/B tests.
- Understanding of statistical analysis.
- Understanding of population sampling and study.
- An enthusiasm for data visualization.