Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu's Experience Design team is seeking a Senior Design Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As a Senior Design Manager, you will lead a team of designers, focused on pushing the boundaries of our Product and Emergent Experiences to positively impact some of the most important parts of our business. The right person for this role must have a world class product design portfolio, experience in developing both holistic and future-forward experiences, demonstrated ability to inspire and mentor a team of designers to think big and plenty of vision.If you are a proactive design leader looking to join a team of trail-blazers at the very cutting edge of design, tech and entertainment, then we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work directly with senior design leadership in defining and leading both the near term and future state of Hulu's multi-platform experiences
- A desire to ‘bring people along for the ride,’ advocating for user centric and design-led thinking while facilitating participation, feedback and partnerships
- Collaborate with design leadership, your peers and external partners to institute design processes and cross-functional collaboration models and ensure a smooth product development process
- Evangelize a culture of design thinking, continuous learning and constructive critique
- Apply your deep understanding of both the entertainment space and emerging product trends to both near term initiatives and future state concepts and prototypes
- Manage and develop a small team of designers: setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer on projects. Lead by example
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- Collaborate with teams and other managers in other offices
WHAT TO BRING
- Degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
- A strong understanding of user-centered design principles and design thinking practices
- A passion for working in the Product and Entertainment space - ideally with past experience designing for personal devices, 10ft and emergent experiences
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to speak to and defend your decision making
- 3+ years of proven and effective people management experience with a UX design team
- 7+ years of product design experience
- Incredibly strong design portfolio with examples of award-winning UX, interaction and visual design
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in high-level product design strategy
- Attention to detail, exceptional organizational and analytical skills are a must
- Proven ability to create a nurturing environment for talented designers, solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality and innovation.
- You are able to distinguish between 'good' and 'great' work and are able to design experiences that are simple and elegant and progressive
- Contribute to a unique design culture and attract world class talent
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.