Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
BJ Vertical Team at Hulu Beijing owns several core businesses inside Hulu, including search experience, voice control and content campaign. We are a vertical team, because we always focus on delivering end-to-end solution from user experience in different clients (mobile device, smart TV/set-top box, game console, web, ...) to complex business logic in multiple backends. The team is composed of smart engineers with different background and skills. Our tenant is a strong tech team to deliver E2E solution a role model to drive internal open source a cradle of the full stack engineers. If you already are an expert in some areas (either client or backend), and have a strong passion to expand knowledge/skill and welcome challenges in new areas, this team will be a place where your dream begins. Now, this team is seeking a Software Developer with strong experience in building mobile apps (iOS or Android). In this role, you will work with other developers to improve, rework, reimagine and maintain our phone, tablet, setbox feature that millions of Hulu users experience their premium stream content on every day. As a member of a small team, you would be expected to contribute not only to feature development, but also to our development culture - from improving our engineering practices to using new frameworks and languages. Beside of that, you also could expand your technical scope in both depth and breadth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to create best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences.
- Architect, design, and implement the next generation of our mobile applications for iOS or Android.
- Develop concise and clean code, write effective unit tests and documentation.
- Follow an agile development methodology.
- Conduct strict code review.
- Find and correct issues in a complex and rich environment.
WHAT TO BRING
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years iOS or Android experience. Experience in multiple mobile platforms is a plus.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, coding, etc).
- Good potential in optimizing, developing, debugging and maintaining complicated mobile applications.
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.