Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The Content Services team is responsible for web services used by all Hulu clients. We build reliable, large-scale production systems and the REST APIs that handle the tens of millions of users and devices that access our service. These systems deliver the data about Hulu content that drives all Hulu client user experiences, across web, mobile, and living room devices. We are looking for a software engineers that wants to build and operate critical web services that support all Hulu users.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and write REST APIs for Hulu clients running on smart TVs, smartphones, gaming consoles, FireTV, Apple TV, Roku, and others.
- Architect and build production services handling thousands of requests per second.
- Write, test, and deploy your code for deploying production services.
- A state-of-the-art Content Partner portal
- Scaling our CDN distribution technologies
- Distribution feeds and APIs
- Content ingestion systems and APIs
- Content publishing tools and workflows
WHAT TO BRING
- 7+ years experience (at least 5 years of US experience) operating a large-scale production web service as a systems engineer and/or software developer.
- Strong programing skills in object-oriented languages (Java preferable/C#/C++) and a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.)
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date on developments in web operations, infrastructure, open source technologies, modern application stacks, and operations best practices.
- Can work independently but knows when to ask for help or clarification
- Understand large-scale distributed systems and caching technologies
- Care about the nuances of user experience and are excited about creating great UIs
- Always think about better ways to solve problems