Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Playback Intelligence team is seeking a Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our Playback Intelligence team. As a Software Developer for Playback Intelligence at Hulu, you will work with other developers and researchers on investigating and improving video streaming QoS to empower Hulu’s viewing experience for millions of viewers. The right person for this role has outstanding big data analysis skills, strong problem-solving ability and software development skill. If you are someone who wants to solve real user problems through data-driven innovations in video streaming domain and build world-class video streaming experience, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- As a key member of the team, contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing.
- Dive deep into data, utilize big data processing skills to analyze QoS data, provide insights and drive data-driven optimizations.
- Face with real user problems, find ways to solve them and build tools to visualize the results.
- Build large data processing pipeline, both online streaming data and offline data. Master a suite of big data technologies.
- Build automatic systems to analyze QoS data, generate reports and set up intelligent alerts / reports.
- Collaborate with internal team members and external stakeholders to continuously optimize Hulu’s streaming service and application.
- Shine with engineering excellence by developing test infrastructures, writing documentation, ensuring high performance, and following an agile development methodology
WHAT TO BRING
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- 2+ years software development experience, experience of video streaming / playback implementation / MPEG-DASH / QoS improvement preferred
- Good mathematics and algorithm background
- Solid problem-solving ability and clear logic thinking ability
- Able to analysis issues deeply and carefully, won’t be afraid of detail
- Great communication, collaboration skills and strong teamwork ethic
- Passionate about building video technologies and continuously improving user experience, be reliable and responsible
- Be willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
- Expertise in video streaming and playback domain
- Experience with Hive / Hadoop / Spark / Flink / Kafka / Airflow
- Experience with Docker / ELK / Presto