Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The Hulu team in Santa Monica is seeking a Software Developer to join our Payments team. The team is responsible for accepting tens of thousands new credit cards and processing hundreds of thousands of recurring charges every day, tracking subscription revenue for the company, implementing tax policy changes, integrating with multiple third party billing providers - all while managing scalability and reliability of our homegrown systems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead design and architecture of our payments platform
- Implement large-scale/real-time data process using Spark/Hadoop.
- Challenge our team and software to be even better
- Serve as a catalyst for leading Agile transformation on the team
- Work closely with Product owners and Technical program managers
- Use a mix of technologies including: Scala, Kotlin, Java
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Java, Scala, C, C++, C#, Python
- Experience with Agile and Scaled Agile methodologies
- Familiar with Apache Spark and Hadoop platform
- Familiar with Apache Kafka
- Familiar with databases like mysql, Postgres
- Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD
- Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.