Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The Hulu Accounting Team is a collaborative team of individuals that strive to deliver the highest quality to our customers and to each other in all major facets of the Hulu business: corporate, content, and subscription. As our Accounting Intern, your mission will be to assist the team in our day to day activities to meet critical internal and external deadlines, which includes (but is not limited to) the month end close, internal audits, and content payment remittances. In this position, you will gain exposure to building your basic accounting knowledge through the month end close process, evaluating complex contracts in depth to assist with calculating and issuing timely payments, and developing your analytical and auditing skill sets as validation and verification measures are essential to the team’s daily responsibilities. This role requires someone who is a team player with a positive attitude that is detail-oriented, self-motivated, and willing to take on any challenge, big or small.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Supporting the month-end close process, including rolling forward journal entries and supporting work paper reconciliations for various balance sheet and expense accounts
- Providing support for periodic internal audits, and tax requests as necessary, including preparing and compiling audit schedules
- Coordinating payments for timely submission, which includes validating payment calculations, preparing monthly and quarterly statements, and compiling adequate supporting documentation required for approvals
- Maintaining the list of agreements and ensuring the contractual terms are accurately reflected in the system
- Preparing periodic regulatory filings and other regulatory requirements
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of process documentation
- Providing support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed.
- Ultimately we are looking for someone who has a basic knowledge of accounting and is flexible, eager, and willing to take on a challenge!
WHAT TO BRING
- Majoring in accounting or has an emphasis in accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft business suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- A proactive, self-motivated and directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented mindset, and a high sense of urgency
- Must be team oriented with a positive attitude