Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu content intelligence team is aiming to connect users with extreme watching experience by research of enabling core technologies. We are conducting research in cutting edge technologies to better understand Hulu contents, not only to extract meaningful and valuable metadata from contents, but also to create innovative and interactive features in Hulu services by utilizing enabling core technologies. We are looking for brightest and passionate talents in the following research areas: computer vision and pattern recognition, NLP, audio / video / image processing and understanding, etc. You will design intelligence algorithm and models through statistical learning and machine intelligence related technologies on Hulu assets, and contribute innovations via patents and external conferences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Apply state of the art machine learning, computer vision techniques in a variety of areas, such as interactive video, video analysis, 3D visualization.
- Invent and fast iterate on novel solutions to challenging data related problems.
- Develop scalable and efficient methods for large scale content analysis.
- Collaborate with developers, program managers, and product managers in an open, creative environment.
- Coach and provide research and system guidance to junior researchers on a variety of data related research areas.
WHAT TO BRING
- MS or PhD in computer science, EE or other quantitative discipline.
- 3+ years of working experience on large scale machine learning, computer vision, NLP, audio/ video processing, or computer graphics in leading internet companies.
- Familiarity with Python, C++, R, Java, Scala or any other OOP language.
- Proven track record of thriving in a fast paced, data-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- Outstanding research track record in the areas of machine learning, computer vision, computer graphics, with evidence through publications in renowned journals, conferences or standardization contributions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Chinese Mandarin proficiency is required.