Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Data team is seeking a Director to lead our growing Data Product Management team. You will be responsible for building a successful team and a high impact data product function at Hulu. You will be responsible for leading the strategy and delivery for data products, capabilities and platform to support the need for Hulu's business verticals. We are looking for a seasoned leader and career manager, capable of building talented, passionate, and engaged teams, and with a proven track record of managing several multi-year product roadmaps simultaneously. You would build fantastic relationships across all levels of the organizations and is recognized as a problem solver that looks to elevate the work of everyone around them. If you are passionate about data and creating product and capabilities to democratize data across Hulu, then this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build high impact data product management function at Hulu
- Lead, build and grow the data product teams. Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals
- Translate requirements between data scientists, analysts, engineers, designers, marketers, and other PMs
- Define the vision and strategy for data products and capabilities aligned to overall interpersonal and business objectives
- Promote and develop data product management best practices, guidelines, procedures and repeatable, agile and scalable frameworks
- Develop a system to create/manage detailed product specifications with user scenarios and acceptance criteria and success measures that are specific to data products – like product instrumentation, data storage, accessibility/usability via tools, data grain and frequency – generally reducing the number of assumptions that engineers have to make
- Ensure products/solutions are purpose-built to address core business questions and operational needs, actively bring the product back to the business model and strategy
- Define structure and process for the data product management team to plan and deliver work iteratively
- Establish and grow relationships with executives and senior leaders across data, technology, product and business teams across Hulu
- Lead the evangelization of data products and capabilities across the organization
WHAT TO BRING
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability attract, build and develop successful product teams
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Economics or equivalent with 10+ years in product management with 7+ years leading multiple teams.
- Successful history of building data products and capabilities
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Experience solving problems in an ambiguous environment
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis techniques and familiarity with common data science models and approaches to problem solving. Generally: the ability to plan for what analysts and data scientists need to deliver successfully
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment, lead change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and cross functional partners
- Experience demonstrating leadership, self-motivation, accountability, and a standout colleague.
- C-Suite/Board presentation abilities
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and strong appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Demonstrated ability to create develop business plan and ability to articulate long-term value proposition
- Practical experience with agile methodologies and scrum
- Self-motivated with pragmatic approach to deliver quality solutions iteratively and intellectual curiosity to grow and learn
- Advance CS degree or MBA is a plus
- Management or Strategy consulting background
- Experience with delivering large scale enterprise applications using open source big data technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka and Elastic Search / Solr
- Knowledge of SQL and one or more of these DB’s - Oracle, MySQL, Teradata
- Experience or knowledge of No-SQL - DB’s - Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Couchbase
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools
- Industry experience in video streaming and OTT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.