Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s UX Design team is seeking an experienced Senior UX Designer who will be an exceptional addition to our Living Room and VR team. As a Sr. UX Designer at Hulu, you will partner with our delightfully nerdy crew of technologists, artists and designers to imagine and create experiences that our viewers love to use and can’t help but watch. The right person for this role will have an intuitive understanding of when to use a lean-forward vs. lean-back approach, living room technologies and platforms, immersive design principles, and emerging technology in the space is a must. We are looking for someone who loves the natural rhythms of flexing their mind from broad strategic thinking into detail-oriented design. If you are someone who envisions yourself as part of a team that wears many hats, moves quickly, doesn’t fear healthy critique, values brave ideas and cares about the details - and wants to make a huge impact in the space of premium entertainment, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Partner with the team to set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Be a staunch advocate for the viewer and help the team to understand how they fit in amidst business needs and technology. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and business teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges and you’ll help provide the thought leadership to inform the right product strategy.
- Craft how we synthesize customer data from multiple sources to identify opportunities and recommend design directions.
- Be autonomous. You’re not afraid to dive in and take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to slow down and apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to speed up and make things lean and low-fi.
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years of experience working in a fast-paced consumer product focused environment
- Experience designing for 10ft and immersive platforms, and familiarity with design and technology for the home living room, VR and augmented reality
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating directly with a myriad of cross-functional teammates to create beautiful, functional products
- Act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Capable of synthesizing industry awareness, technological constraints, analytic data, research, and user feedback into actionable design decisions
- Believe in effective design communication and can easily create wireframes, mockups and prototypes (and anything else in your bag of tricks!) to articulate design
- Highly collaborative, communicative and flexible, and believe that great consumer products come from a passionate and nimble team rather than from an individual