Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Marketing team is seeking a Director, Subscriber Acquisition to join our marketing team. The ideal candidate will have the right balance between strategic vision and operational chops to drive the business forward. S/he will be able to draw insights from data and translate those into action plans for all internal and external teams. S/he will thrive in a cross functional setting and be able to lead in a highly dynamic and evolving environment. The director of acquisition will be the go to person within Hulu as the subject matter expert in driving subscriber acquisition through all paid media channels.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as the strategic leader and voice for all paid media related acquisition initiatives within the company.
- Set the short and long term strategy for all paid media activities designed to create demand and adoption of all Hulu subscription services.
- Responsible for all mix and channel optimization efforts to drive subscriber acquisition cost effectively and at scale.
- Work closely with finance and analytics teams to build, monitor and refine subscriber acquisition forecasts and budgets.
- Drive together with data and analytics teams all media mix, attribution and channel analyses and action planning.
- Partner with product team to create a seamless and effective full funnel experience.
- Work closely with partnership marketing team to coordinate all programs that drive subscriber acquisition through third party touch points.
- Work in close partnership with the brand and creative team to develop integrated media plans inclusive of creative and audience priorities.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of all media agency relationships.
- Serve as the leader, manager and coach for the subscriber acquisition marketing team.
WHAT TO BRING
- 15 years of progressive experience in acquisition marketing, ideally in subscription businesses.
- Highly strategic and able to balance long term strategy with short term results.
- Excellent communicator who is able to craft and tell a consistent story to executives, team members and outside agencies.
- Deeply analytical with a bias for action. Ability to quickly consume large amounts of data and draw insights that drive the business forward.
- Natural leader with ability to motivate, coach and drive teams forward.
- Experience in subscription and/or entertainment businesses
- Experience managing third party agencies and technology partners.