Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu is looking for a mid-level UX designer who combines a curious mind, an empathic approach and a world-class design sensibility, to join our team. Partner with our delightfully nerdy crew of technologists, artists and designers to imagine and create experiences that our viewers love to use and can’t help but watch. An understanding of lean-forward vs. lean-back approaches, designing for entertainment platforms, consumer driven experiences, immersive design principles, and emerging technology is needed to thrive on our team. We are looking for someone who loves the natural rhythms of flexing their mind from broad conceptual thinking into detail-oriented design. If you envision yourself as part of a team that wears many hats, moves quickly, doesn’t fear healthy critique, values brave ideas and cares about the details – and you want to make a huge impact in the space of premium entertainment – we should talk! To apply, please send us a resume and wow us with a portfolio of your most amazing work. Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design for features and projects across the Hulu’s product ecosystem through iterative product launches
- You will collaborate with the team to execute a vision for the user experience
- You will be an advocate for the viewer amidst business needs and technology. It’s critical for us to design for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room
- You’ll partner with engineering, research, product, and business teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges and you’ll play an integral role in informing the right product strategy.
- You will help to understand user research and viewer data and identify opportunities which inform your design choices.
- Be empowered! You’re not afraid to dive in, and take a thoughtful and detailed approach to your work.
- Work with your peers and leaders to execute low-fi sketches, concepts and prototypes, as well as refined designs with a pixel-perfect attention to detail.
WHAT TO BRING
- A midlevel UX designer with 3+ years’ experience working in a fast-paced consumer product focused environment
- You have experience designing for entertainment and media, and an awareness of how technology influences the space
- You have a clear understanding of how to design on an iterative and data driven team, and can demonstrate that thinking through your work
- You are eager to participate in synthesizing industry awareness, technological constraints, analytic data, research, and user feedback into elegant design decisions
- You thrive to be a master of your craft and communication skills not only by creating wireframes, UI mockups, and prototypes (and anything else in your bag of tricks!) to articulate design and interaction, but also by working to gain alignment through facilitation and understanding cross functional points of view
- You are highly collaborative, communicative and flexible, and believe that great consumer products come from a passionate and nimble team rather than from an individual
- You can express yourself effectively in English (writing and speaking) with both designers and non-designers (product and technical teams)