Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Cloud & Platform Engineering team is seeking a talented software craftsman who will be an extraordinary addition to our team. Voted the #1 company in Los Angeles and #10 in the world by Hired, Hulu continues its staggering exponential growth and is on the path to becoming the #1 choice for TV in and out of the home. To continue delivering a phenomenal customer experience, we seek to improve and scale our stack by harnessing the capabilities of public cloud infrastructure rapidly.
Are you as passionate about cloud infrastructure as you are about how it unlocks value for the entire organization? Are you someone who loves building scaffolds and blueprints to meet developer needs? At Hulu, you won’t just be serving the needs of the Hulu tech community but also serving the entire development community when innovative solutions are built. Do you have a passion to ensure that Hulu dev needs are met first through expedience and subsequently through self-serve automation? Do you thrive in a team environment and gain happiness championing cloud automation for over a thousand developers? Then we believe that this is an awesome role for you and we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- You'll write cloud automation tools to support developers deploying and running cloud infrastructure
- You will implement and execute Hulu’s guidelines and security standards for operating in the cloud
- You will champion best practices for cloud architecture and contribute to a library of shared modules
- You will push the boundaries on alerting on signals among the noise of AWS environment monitors
- When we hit limits of our scale, you will participate in investigations and RCA’s to continuously improve by learning from failures
What to bring
- You bring strong public cloud (AWS or GCP) and cloud automation (Terraform or CloudFormation) scripting experience, ideally AWS and Terraform
- You have experience programming in Python and Go or similar languages
- Your background in DevOps practices such as CI/CD, automation, and Infrastructure-as-code stands out
- You've worked deeply with microservice architectures
Nice to haves
- AWS Certifications
- Experience supporting large AWS deployments using a multi-account organizational structure
- Strong understanding of AWS networking and security (VPC/IAM)
A little bit about us
- We are enablers, not empire builders.
- In everything we do, we in Cloud & Platform Engineering believe in being the most effective providers to the Hulu dev community, so that can do what they do, move faster and safely to build an amazing viewer experience.
- We are in the middle of refreshing our developer infrastructure through our platform modernization initiative.