Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s User Experience (UX) Research team is seeking an experieced UX Research Manager who will be an exceptional collaborator to be a part of the UX research team. As a Research Manager at Hulu, you will be working with a team that is redefining TV through our best-in-class video streaming experience, which millions of customers use to access world-class premium video content. You’ll be responsible for part of the UX research team along with educating and mentoring the researchers. You will also be conducting and determining the best research that is your own and is impactful for the organization. The UX Research team is a group of researchers who strategically learn about how people experience Hulu. We share our research insights in a way that inspires and shares the best experience for our users. We’re looking to add a manager who will tackle complex research requests and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-digest results for our internal teams. Above all, you will help evangelize research within the organization. This role involves a wide range of responsibilities to help support product, product design and marketing at various stages of the research process using a variety of methods. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to do research for a multitude of platforms: web, mobile (iOS and Android), and even living room devices like Apple TV, Roku, Xbox and PlayStation. The right person for this role is highly collaborative and can easily connect with multiple people in an in-going basis.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Concepting projects and active participation in critiques.
- Work with research manager on understanding roadmaps and executing/prioritizing appropriately
- Rapidly produce research to support needed internal learnings and projects
- Determine best user research and conduct generative, formative and summative research with various methods determined to gain the best insights along with analysis.
- Ship product alongside product managers, engineers marketing, and other designers.
- Define goals and methods to measure research success
- Provide mentorship and one-on-one guidance to allow the team to grow and produce best in class work
- Up to date on current best practices within the field
- Grow the team’s expertise
WHAT TO BRING
- A people-focused mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your research through user feedback.
- Graduate degree (or relevant experience) in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology or a closely related field.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and phases of research.
- Excellent and collaborative communication skills
- Excitement for team-oriented and collaborative work to maintain a fun environment for the team
- At least 1-5 years in research management
- Experience guiding a UX researcher(s)
- Experience and understanding of strategic research
- Experience with usability testing
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- High standards and a great attitude.
- Research Portfolio
- Statistical Analysis Understanding and Application