Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu is looking for strong Senior Software Develeopment Lead (otherwise known as an Engineering Manager) who is passionate about building real-time analytics systems. Data is critical for all our decision-making needs - whether it’s related to product design, measuring advertising effectiveness, helping users discover new content, or monitoring application performance. As a member of the Product Analytics team, you will be responsible for a system that streams and processes billions of events per day and makes them available to be queried within seconds. You thrive in building big-data infrastructure and are eager to improve performance, availability, and reliability of the services you own. You will be joining a team looking to define and build a next generation service for enabling millions of customers to enjoy world-class premium video content. We are reinventing television. If you are the kind of person who thrives in a collaborative environment, jumps at the opportunity to tackle new challenges, Hulu is the place for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Define team vision and charter and manage execution of the team
- Build a world-class software development team through a combination of training, career development, recruiting, and process improvement
- Collaborate with multiple client teams for implementing the right instrumentation
- Design solutions to ensure and monitor data quality across clients
- Own one or more pieces of our event processing pipeline, including stream, batch, and analysis processing
- Work closely with feature teams to define and extend the analytic capabilities of the system
- Bring operational excellence and best practices around build, deployment, monitor and alerting
- Keep up with the latest in big data processing patterns and practices
WHAT TO BRING
- 2+ years of management experience with the team size of 4-6
- 5+ years of experience focusing on big data platforms
- Demonstrated ability to attract talent and build teams
- Expert experience in Java or Scala
- Operational experience with how to build, deploy, and monitor large scale services
- Experience with Kafka, Storm, Spark, Hadoop, Druid or similar technologies
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of web-service and data-driven application architecture
- Independent, energetic, and capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguity
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
- Familiarity with application analytics - experience services such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Flurry, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.