Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Customer Lifecycle Marketing (CLM) and CRM team is seeking a CRM Manager of Engagement and Retention, who will be an exceptional addition to our CLM and CRM team. As the CRM Manager you will test, execute, maintain, update, and report on ad-hoc, automated and trigger-based email marketing campaigns; ensuring successful performance to exceed subscriber goals. You will work cross functionally with internal and external teams deploying accurate, timely and breakthrough email campaigns. The right person for this role is a self-starter with superior project management skills, attention to detail and go-getter mentality. If you are someone who likes to roll up their sleeves, contribute to a collaborative team environment, and are passionate about email marketing, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the Engagement and Retention (EandR) email campaign process from end to end for both ad-hoc and automated campaigns; strategy, scheduling, creative trafficking, implementation, deployment, optimization, monitoring, reporting, and analysis.
- Optimize CRM campaigns via continual testing of creative, messaging, cadence, frequency, targeting, etc.
- Proactively drive the EandR email calendar and develop strategies to meet engagement goals for the channel
- Set up, monitor, and maintain complex journeys, triggers, and automations with static and dynamic content.
- Manage email campaign and traffic related communication to all required stakeholders.
- Monitor and negotiate work activities with internal and external partners in order to coordinate timely and consistent delivery
- Manage daily/weekly/monthly reporting and analysis on all email marketing activities.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness of email marketing programs or processes from in-depth knowledge of campaign management and email execution tools.
- Partner with the CLM team on developing and evolving an effective email strategy that aligns with Hulu’s strategic priorities.
- Maintain pulse on industry trends and best practices, technologies, competitive landscape, etc. and apply those findings
- Perform quality control checks and document best practices to produce work that is error-free and easily repeatable
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years’ experience in email marketing, preferably in an online subscription business.
- Experience with ExactTarget/Sales Force required and Journey Builder experience is a plus.
- Extensive email deployment and QA experience required; across browsers and email environments (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of HTML/CSS coding for email, and familiarity with responsive design.
- Experience working with product, tech and data teams for complex data/tech requirements gathering, documentation and QA.
- Experience writing SQL statements for data extractions and list management
- Knowledge of email best practices and deliverability.
- Superior problem solving, project management skills, and impeccable attention to details for accuracy are a must
- Strong ability to provide in depth reporting and analysis with data-driven strategic recommendations.
- Excellent team player with a positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively to drive projects to successful completion
- Solid verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- BA or BS Degree required.
- Experience with Jira or other project management tools.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop preferred.