Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Information Security team is seeking a Director of Security Engineering who will be an exceptional addition to our Information Security team. As a Security Engineering Director, you will have key responsibilities for directing the operation and Security Engineering group and developing clear roles and responsibilities. The right person for this role will be a leader capable of building cohesive and motivated team that collaboratively serves our mission and makes sure it’s understood the team and the business. If you are someone who has experience building and securing high performance environments, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create and drive strategic and tactical plans that align with security strategy and business goals
- Strong leadership skills that help build, coach and strengthen great teammates and drive productivity
- Ensure the efficient use of time across projects and maintenance activities with all engineer personnel
- Identify key areas of improvements in the technologies and processes used within the Security Department.
- Oversee architecture and ongoing assessment of next generations security products
- Ensure security technology is properly implemented, documented, and help increase automation efforts
- Represent Hulu security in industry events
- Manage vendor relationships specific to proof of value engagements and through procurement process
- Align with senior management and other key partners to evangelize security within Hulu
- Participate in incident response and vulnerability remediation efforts
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity around security matters and investigations
WHAT TO BRING
- Several years serving in security management and proven track record of team building
- 8+ years of experience in security engineering / architecture
- Possess exceptional written and verbal interpersonal skills as well as customer service skills
- Possess strong organizational skills, both for yourself and for the team while working with many people in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to weigh several, often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic and quickly-growing company
- Have experience identifying and protecting cloud, infrastructure, corporate environments, and scalable web architectures
- Knowledge of applicable industry standards, leading security practices, and compliance (PCI-DSS and SOX)
- CISSP/GIAC Certification
- Strong project management skills