Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
The Content Client Services team is responsible for API and orchestration services used by all Hulu customers. We build reliable, large-scale production systems that source metadata to our users that number in the tens of millions of users and devices that access Hulu. These systems deliver the data about drives the Hulu client user experiences, across web, mobile, and living room devices. We are looking for a software engineers that wants to build and operate critical web services that support all Hulu users.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and build services that provide content data to our Hulu applications running on smart TVs, smartphones, gaming consoles, FireTV, Apple TV, Roku, and others.
- Facilitate quality via automated verification of services
- Architect and build production services responding to thousands of requests per second.
- Write, test, and deploy your code for deploying production services.
- Utilize your in-depth knowledge of caching technologies to build highly-available, large-scale data stores.
WHAT TO BRING
- 7+ years’ experience (at least 5 years of US experience) crafting large-scale, highly-available, web and data services.
- 3+ years’ experience crafting and implementing solutions utilizing NoSQL and relational databases, messaging systems, and distributed caching technologies
- Strong programming skills in Java and other object-oriented languages, and a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.)
- Up-to-date knowledge on developments in web operations, infrastructure, open source technologies, modern application stacks, and standard operations.
- An ability to work independently while knowing when to ask for help or clarification.
- A broad perspective to problem solving.
- Strong communication skills and an ability share your knowledge with other teammates.