Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s RAD (Reporting, Analytics and Data Science) team is seeking a Business Intelligence Tools Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Business Intelligence Tools Developer at Hulu, you will build the semantic layer for MicroStrategy, Tableau, AtScale and In-House Tools on top of our big data warehouse, make sure the data is represented to analysts in an accurate, consistent and performant way. The ideal candidate understands complex data model, has a strong communication skill to collect business requirement and effectively utilize our tools set to connect the data. If you are someone who can find a beauty in the organized dataset and dedicate your energy for it, then this is a great role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide a flexible, consistent, accurate, and performant interface to our data
- Design and architect MicroStrategy schema objects; create/modify relationships of existing attributes, improve BI architecture for optimal performance and scalability for reporting across all groups within the organization
- Create and manage groups, workbooks and projects, database views, data sources and data connections in Tableau
- Design and implement OLAP cube in AtScale for various topics of data, ensure its query speed for dashboards
- Take ownership of in-house/3rd party data dictionary and make sure they are consistent
- Installation of MicroStrategy/Tableau/AtScale in development/testing and production environment
- Enforce security policies, assist user with workflows within our tools offering
- Be the root of data governance, help data analyst understand the data
- This position’s main role DOES NOT include license management or building individual dashboard
WHAT TO BRING
- 2+ years of professional experience in Business Intelligence
- Highly experienced as a MicroStrategy architect
- Experience in developing and deploying DataMart or data cube solutions
- Able to write SQL scripts
- Experience in big data query engines; hive, presto, impala, spark sql, google big query and so on
- Ability to understand rapidly changing business need
- Highly organized and efficient. Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a given time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field
- Experience as a Tableau/AtScale admin
- Experience in developing data dictionary
- Advance/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.