Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Technology team is seeking a Big Data Architect who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a big data architect, you will be responsible for the architecture for Hulu's product analytics, experimentation and instrumentation platforms. You will also be responsible for technology stack evolution, optimization of big data infrastructure to enhance performance, and improvement of data lifecycle effectiveness and efficiency over time. You will bring industry best practices and discipline to turn data into a strategic asset and help build advanced data products and services to foster data driven decision making.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own the data architecture for Hulu's product analytics, experimentation and instrumentation platforms
- Lead the design, analysis, and architecture efforts for real-time services and big data platforms to solve complex business problems and develop data products to democratize data at Hulu.
- Design and develop architecture for a data services ecosystem spanning Columnar, NoSQL, Time Series, In-Memory and Big Data technologies that support application development, BI, and analytic solutions.
- Evaluate, recommend, design, and implement cloud based big data technologies and infrastructure that enable highly performant, scalable, secure and stable solutions.
- Develop data models and data marts, maintain responsibility for data acquisition, access, analysis, and design, and implement design strategies for load, archive, recovery, and implementation.
- Be responsible for data profiling, data governance, data specification, data flow mappings, and business logic documentation associated with new or modified product data capture requirements.
- Help architect tools and frameworks for automated testing, monitoring and validation for improving data quality and operation efficiency.
- Promote and develop data architecture best practices, guidelines, procedures and repeatable and scalable frameworks.
- Provide guidance and mentor the technical and business teams by providing solutions, recommendations and documentation of use cases for continuous improvement.
- Provide hands-on environment configuration, organization and management expertise, and support.
- Participate in Hulu's architect community to drive Hulu's architecture's evolution
WHAT TO BRING
- BS degree in engineering, computer science or related technical field; MS preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in software development and data engineering
- 5+ years hands-on implementation or architecture experience with large-scale big data systems
- Strong expertise of Hadoop ecosystem, e.g. HDFS, HBase, Hive, YARN, Spark, Kafka, Flink.
- Expert level skill in real-time big data processing technologies, tools and frameworks
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in NoSql technologies including columnar, time series and in memory databases
- Proven track record of architecting and building large scale distributed real-time big data product and data-as -a-service
- Excellent understanding of cloud infrastructure as well as experience in building big data application and platform in AWS
- Ability to develop a technical vision, make a case by clearly articulating pros, cons and business impact across the organization to get buy in, and come up with a clear execution plan
- Strong leadership skills, especially the ability to lead through influence across functional and organizational lines
- Able to set up POCs for new technologies and solutions to validate assumptions and requirements
- Strong programing skills, and excellent knowledge of Linux operating system, networking, api, security and web servers
- Strong organizational, administrative, presentation and analytical skills
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.