Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s is seeking a Vice President of Video Engineering who will be an outstanding addition to our Engineering team. As a(n) Head of Video Engineering at Hulu, you will be leading all efforts related to the architecting, development and delivery of our E2E video solutions, including a strong influence on the development of the video strategy and business execution. The right person for this role is recognized technical leader with strong domain expertise in video and a history of delivering exceptional innovation in TV/video space. If you are someone who has a passion for building, disrupting and innovating, then this is an outstanding role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the Video Engineering organization, with offices in Santa Monica, Seattle and Beijing today.
- Actively participate at a senior executive level across the Hulu organization to align and coordinate engineering and other business activities.
- Participate in the evolving and executing on Hulu’s video strategy, including build, buy and partner activities.
- Motivate, encourage, and develop one of the most hardworking and capable engineering teams in the streaming business.
- Demonstrate a strong video tech acumen to develop industry-leading and potentially patentable innovations.
- Be responsible for E2E Live and VOD video pipelines delivering Hulu to 30+ million viewers across a variety of desktop, mobile and living room devices.
WHAT TO BRING
- 15+ years of engineering management experience in the digital media and/or the broadcast media space
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of the video ecosystem, including metadata standards (i.e SCTE) and streaming protocols (i.e. DASH, HLS)
- Experience with QoS and using video experience measurement to build a delightful viewing experience
- Expertise in using multiple CDN to drive down latency and minimize VPFs across a broad ABR ladder
- Familiarity with device, platform, monitoring companies and other participants in the OTT space
- Strong ability to identify, hire and grow talent
- Currently located in Los Angeles
- Ability to run remote offshore engineering operations
- Named patents and/or published, speaking engagements