Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Core Datastore Infrastructure (DSI) team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As a Senior Software Developer at Hulu, you will build high-performance and scalable datastores that power all of Hulu’s backends. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, quality and uptime. If you are someone who gets excited with sub-millisecond service response time and building fault-tolerant systems at data center level, love to know all the new NoSQL, SQL and big data technologies then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and implement high performance, large scale and highly available datastores.
- Define and lead the adoptions of best practices and processes.
- Test driven development and continuous integration.
- Collaborate efficiently with PMs and other developers to build datastores as a service to power our next generation video services.
- Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future.
WHAT TO BRING
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience working with datastores (MySQL, Cassandra, etc).
- Experience on design and implementing high performance, large scale distributed services.
- Excellent Java, Python or similar (C++, C#) development skills.
- Desire to innovate on a large existing platform.
- Experience with Unix/Linux development environments and database programming.
- Strong passion for automation, testing and code quality.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.