Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Data and Analytics team is seeking a Technical Program Manager to help drive mission-critical initiatives across the enterprise landscape. You will be responsible for planning, and executing complex programs with a goal of delivering a unified experience for data at Hulu. Primary goal is to enable senior management, leadership teams, and individual contributors to achieve predictable planning, execution, and reporting quality with expertise in project tools and appropriate methodologies. Key aspect of this role will be to establish goals, metrics, build roadmapoverseeate platform upgrades, working with governance-architecture-quality on policy implementation and training. By working with software engineers, Technical Program Managers and other managers in the spaces of Data Governance and Data Quality, you will help build data products that allow the valuable data to be translated into actionable insights! In addition, this involves exposure and engagement with owning cutting edge initiatives in areas of Enterprise Data, Analytics and A.I.We are looking for you to thrive, and demonstrate success, in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. The right person for this role has a proven focus on understanding business expectations and requirements, likes to tackle problems, and is tenacious when developing and instituting new processes and influencing adoption across technology and business. Above all else, you are expected to own the inevitable change over the lifecycle of a project; lead with vision, plan with foresight, execute with precision, and handle change with grace.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support multiple cross-functional technical and analytics teams to deliver their objectives in fast-paced and complex programs and projects
- Work closely with software developers, product managers and UX designers to craft best-of-class data exploration experience
- Map milestones with Product, UX , Architecture and Engineering to enable product launches
- Set up release process and access control management in order to comply with governance regulatory.'
- Lead Tool Vendor onboarding and relationship and evaluate need for consultant resources on an ongoing basis.
- Develop strong partnerships with engineering, product management and analytics leaders to drive focus on strategic and tactical program objectives
- Build strategic relationships with key technology and business leaders to ensure program success
- Drive teams and individuals in planning and executing roadmaps, releases, and work backlogs
- Lead efforts to identify risks, resolve key project conflicts, and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Fill in gaps across roles and functions as needed, performing as an adaptive problem solver
- Develop and execute a change management and communication plan and engage with the users to report progress and raise issues
- Create a collaborative work environment that cultivates shared understanding, transparency, mastery, autonomy, innovation and continuous learning
- Exhibit a high tolerance for context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and able to provide effective guidance
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, computer science, or another related field.
- 5 years of experience in program management, preferably with a focus on data architecture, business intelligence, relational databases or big-data technology
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Experience building broad, large-scale communications plans
- Love for Data and taking chaos and turning it into something actionable
- High sense of ownership and a focus on building fast without sacrificing quality
- Experience in Agile software development with expertise in Scrum methodology and practices.
- Good understanding of ETL processing, Web Application development cycle
- Working knowledge of modern program management, analysis, and reporting tools such as Wrike, Trello, Jira/Confluence, and MS Office
- Knowledge of SDLC, data engineering, data modeling, data warehousing and big data platforms
- Prior experience with cloud technologies or technical operations.
- Experience working in big data environments using tools such as Hive, Presto, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and data visualization (Tableau, MicroStrategy, Thoughtspot).
- Good understanding of ETL processing, reporting (SSRS), relational databases (MSSQL, MySql)