Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Content Delivery group is seeking a Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. Content is core to Hulu's business and success. At Hulu, we use technology to build lasting, large-scale solutions to power a service used by tens of millions of people, accessing videos across many devices. The Content Tools and Automation team is responsible for building comprehensive monitoring tools and critical services that improve reliability and configurability of the entire delivery pipeline, keeping the critical web services that support our users running and easy to oversee. Our team is a great place for a developer who enjoys working with the complexity of backend systems, but also wants to create visible experiences that make an impact.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and build monitoring services and APIs across many parts of the Hulu content delivery pipeline
- Collaborate with technology and operations teams across Hulu to investigate a wide variety of existing systems
- Architect and build towards a unified set of tools that will be used Hulu-wide on a daily basis
- Develop automation tools that handle a variety of input and output requirements to provide system healing functionality
- Work with a homegrown content management system, content ingestion systems and APIs, publishing tools and workflows
WHAT TO BRING
- 2+ years of experience writing and shipping code
- Strong collaborative skills, working with partners in technical and non-technical roles
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases)
- Passion for creating predictable, adaptable and practical interfaces in all parts of the stack
- Ability to work independently, but know when to ask for help or clarification
- Excitement for creating great user experiences for a technical audience
- Constant interest in better ways to solve problems
- Python, Java, or strong knowledge of other Object-Oriented Languages
- Experience building internal tools, monitoring and automation for distributed high throughput services
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.