Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Technology team is seeking a Platform Architect who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Platform Architect, you will be responsible for defining and designing our next-gen data management platforms. You will work across teams and vertically from C-level to staff in your relentless drive to build a world-class data ecosystem. This is a great opportunity for you to join a team that will define and build the architecture to deliver the next generation of data at Hulu
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and build architecture for data services ecosystem spanning Relational, Columnar, NoSQL, In-Memory and Big Data technologies that support application development, BI, and analytic solutions
- Lead technology evaluations and practice research to define the Hulu technology stacks
- Promote and develop data architecture best practices, guidelines, procedures and repeatable and scalable frameworks
- Provide guidance and mentor the technical and business teams by providing solutions, recommendations and documentation of use cases for continuous improvement
WHAT TO BRING
- BA/BS degree in technical discipline; MS preferred
- At least 10 years’ experience in software application development and support
- Proficient with crafting cross-platform solutions that include technologies like Hadoop, MPP data platforms, streaming services, relational databases, and at least a representative set of NOSQL platforms.
- Expert level skill in modelling, managing, scaling and performance tuning of high volume OLTP, OLAP and data warehouse environments.
- Advanced knowledge of data management systems, practices and standards
- Experienced at how to make data tell a story with graphs or other forms of visualizations
- Strong organizational, administrative, presentation and analytical skills
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance