Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s TAO (Talent and Organization) team is looking for an Associate Compensation Analyst to join our experienced team. We’ve spent the last two years building out base salary, bonus, sales compensation and long-term incentive programs and now we need some extra hands on deck to help us continue to evolve and maintain these programs.
The right person for this role has a strong attention to detail, sets a high bar for him/herself, is intellectually curious, and likes to solve problems. We are not looking for an order-taker or a compensation administrator; we need someone who likes to build and innovate.
Finally, team is important at Hulu. In this role, you will be joining a tight knit team of recruiters, HR Business Partners and a Compensation Analyst. The right person for this role thrives in a team environment and gets value and personal satisfaction when sharing knowledge and partnering with the team to make sure we are all seen as a high functioning team and value-add to the business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage Hulu’s relationship with survey vendors, including leading the annual survey participation process and researching additional surveys to fill gaps in our data
- Lead the annual benchmarking refresh of all of our jobs at Hulu and continue to evolve our benchmarking methodology. Do this in a way that is collaborative with the business and instills confidence in our managers that you understand their jobs and the market for those jobs
- Partner with our internal Workday (Hulu’s HRIS System) lead to identify ways to streamline compensation benchmarking, analysis, and reporting using Workday
- Assist in updating and auditing compensation data in Workday, including continuing to improve upon the way that data is stored and maintained in the system
- Where Workday is not a viable or expedient solution, develop Excel-based tools to support compensation benchmarking and analysis. Leverage Excel to create standardized, easy-to-update, and error-proof templates and reports
- Take the lead on “one-off” market studies, pulling together a variety of data sources (e.g., turnover, hiring rates, market compensation) and developing recommended actions
- Partner with our recruiting team to identify ways to capture real-time compensation information from our job candidates
- Partner with our HR Business Partners to benchmark jobs, conduct one-off compensation analyses, and equip them with information they need to effectively advise their business groups
WHAT TO BRING
- Highly experienced in MS Excel and proven experience building intuitive Excel models and graphical displays of data (read: Vlookups are not enough)
- Facility with quantitative data analysis and using data to drive decision-making
- Experience in MS PowerPoint
- Highly organized and efficient and proven ability to manage projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Management or HR Consulting experience strongly preferred or experience in analytical field
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, or related field
- 2 or more years of professional experience with demonstrated success in the key responsibilities for this role (or in a non-compensation focused role with transferrable skills)