Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu's Cloud DVR team is seeking a Principal Software Developer who will be an outstanding addition to our technology team. The team is responsible for building the end-to-end Cloud DVR recording platform to support the Cloud DVR feature and add-on for Hulu Live subscribers. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, quality and uptime. If you are someone who loves simple, performant solutions to challenging problems and is looking for a role that has significant growth potential, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and develop the large-scale, real-time and high available recording platform.
- Build robust and scalable micro-services and offline processing pipelines.
- End to end ownership of backend services: Ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, load-test, launch, monitor performance.
- Collaborate with other team members (including product owners, TPMs, and other business units) to achieve product and business requirements.
- Use a mix of technologies including Java, Python, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, AWS.
- Challenge our team and software to be even better.
WHAT TO BRING
- 10+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
- Extensive experience building highly scalable, reliable and maintainable services
- Enthusiasm for achieving sub-millisecond gains in service response time
- The quality-first mindset with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
- Great communication, collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Strive for excellence
- Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python
- Experience with Apache Kafka and/or Kinesis
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms