Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Viewer Experience (Customer Support) team is seeking a Bilingual Viewer Experience Advocate (Contractor) who will be an exceptional addition to our Viewer Experience team. As a Bilingual Viewer Experience Advocate (Contractor) at Hulu, you will be the first point of contact for viewers and a critical brand ambassador. The right person for this role is enthusiastic at addressing our customers’ needs and ready to take on new challenges. If you are someone who enjoys delivering world class customer service, then this is a great role for you.
Please only apply if you can speak and write fluently in both Spanish and English.
For example, if you can’t understand the following paragraph (or write something similar in terms of complexity), you might want to think twice about applying to this position:
¿Crees que eres capaz de evaluar tus conocimientos de manera subjetiva? No te conocemos, pero hay investigaciones que nos hacen pensar que hay una alta probabilidad de que tiendas a sobreestimar tus habilidades. A eso se le llama el efecto Dunning-Kruger y debido a la existencia y prevalencia del mismo, no debemos darle mucha importancia a quien nos diga que es “muy bueno” en algo hasta que no pruebe lo contrario.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Viewer Experience Advocates will assist viewers through phone and/or chat about account management, billing issues, content and basic site and application navigation
- Provide account and application support to our viewers, specifically with regards to software functionality and troubleshooting of system configurations and network settings
- Give accurate and real-time responses to viewer inquiries
WHAT TO BRING
- Experience using Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Excel, Word and Google Docs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Spanish
- Excellent typing, phone, and computer navigation skills
- The ability to use proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling in all written communications (both in English AND Spanish)
- Good comprehension and documentation skills
- Ability to navigate the Internet, email, and Instant Messenger
- Familiarity with digital streaming services and devices
- Have a positive, can-do attitude. You’re flexible and have no problem quickly switching gears to better accommodate the needs of our viewers or our team
- Communicate effectively and professionally with others, from viewers to fellow advocates
- Strong time management skills to ensure productivity in alignment with department standards
- Value accountability across the board and take ownership of issues from start to finish
- Flexible schedule (40 hours per week) with availability to work overtime when needed. We are open 365 days a year (open holidays) with 24 hour support
- Must have access to dependable transportation
- High school diploma, plus one or more years of experience in customer service
- Minimum six months previous experience in a customer service or technical support role in a call center
- Proficiency in the following tools: Microsoft Outlook, JIRA, Chrome, Cornerstone, Hulu.com website
- Ability to maneuver effortlessly through various digital communication channels to provide viewers with prompt, courteous and accurate information
- Be able to multi-task and have strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates clear and concise communication
- Maintains poise and professional attitude during high volume