Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some seriously smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Application Platform Team is seeking a Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our team. The Application Platform Team owns the tools and platforms that developers use to set up, administer, test, deploy and monitor their applications. The right person for this role will help build and expand the platforms and tools that developers use to build the next generation of Hulu. If you are someone who gets excited about sub-millisecond service response time, building fault-tolerant systems at data center level and knowing all the new DevOps technologies then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop tools and processes to optimize developer time and reduce operational costs
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of our internal infrastructure
- Identify, evaluate, deploy, and troubleshoot open source tools and technologies
- Troubleshoot performance and system problems, identify and implement solutions
WHAT TO BRING
- BS in Computer Science or related degree preferred
- 3+ years of Software Development experience
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.)
- Excellent Java, Python, Chef, Puppet or similar (C++, C#) development/automation skills
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Passionate about automation, testing, and code quality
- Can work independently but knows when to ask for help or clarification
- Familiarity with containers and container orchestration systems particularly Apache Mesos and Aurora.