Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Research team is seeking Research Software Developer. As an Research Software Developer at Hulu, you will be the expert in building large scale software and systems and be familiar with data-driven systems and products. The right person for this role has strong background in machine learning, statistics, data mining, natural language processing, computer vision, video and image signal processing, multimedia system and network or related fields, and is knowledgeable in data structures and algorithm design. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment and gains personal satisfaction from sharing knowledge and partnering with teams, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Advance new digital media solution, invent novel solutions to challenging research problems of recommendation, ad targeting, data science, video coding & streaming and etc.
- Improve performance, scalability, and availability of the online systems.
- Interact with a large user base to create the best possible media experience.
- Catch up the edge-cutting technologies, track and contribute to international standards.
- Collaborate with program managers, and software developers in an open, creative environment.
WHAT TO BRING
- Master’s or above in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Solid background in any of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, data mining, natural language processing, computer vision, video and image signal processing, multimedia system and network and related fields.
- Knowledgeable in data structures and algorithm design.
- Publication in prestigious venues is a major plus.
- Experience and contribution in multimedia standardization is a plus.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English is required.