Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Technology team is seeking a Director, Architecture who will be an exceptional leader for our Ad Engineering team. As a Director, Architecture at Hulu, you will lead the architectural vision/strategy of the Hulu advertising platform. The right person for this role will enjoy designing global scale platforms with innovative approaches, is cognizant of enterprise application trends and thrives on being able to clearly articulate architectural vision to both business leadership and engineering groups alike. If you are someone who can serve as a company steward, who is also dynamic, innovative, and can drive state-of-the-art solutions to the organization, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive the architectural vision of the Hulu advertising platform, taking into consideration all the expectations of world class enterprise application architecture
- Lead the Hulu advertising platform architecture team, including hiring, and successful engagement of the team members working in your team
- Author, edit and review end to end architectural documentation to describe high level architectures, solution designs, interface specifications, capacity projections, contingency planning, etc.
- Help to continue and cultivate best practices around architectural practices, security and data safety
- Work closely with product, development and QA teams to define technical requirements to be incorporated within product development alongside product requirements
- Represent Hulu within industry working groups to observe and contribute to globally recognized standards
- Identify potential intellectual property opportunities
- Establish a strong collaborative culture with peers and other functions within Hulu. Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline, and creativity
WHAT TO BRING
- Demonstrated success in delivering enterprise application architecture with a track-record of innovation and thinking big
- 7+ years of enterprise application development and 5+ years of enterprise application architecture
- Experience driving architectural process change across engineering organization
- Proven success managing numerous on-going projects with different development cycles and timelines, at different stages of maturity and market impact
- Demonstrated ability in recruiting and retaining high performing technical teams
- Outstanding leader and team player who is comfortable with open-ended problems and ambiguity
- Demonstrated the ability to improve architectural processes compatible with Agile and test-driven methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present both business and technical information to a wide audience including customers, peers, and team
- A committed leader who creates loyalty and trust. One who can energize people and teams and make cross-functional cooperation happen. This individual must be highly respected by all levels up, down, and across the organization
- Will solicit the involvement of others to build a sense of ownership. Must have the confidence to act quickly and decisively when the market requires such agility, and the ability to challenge norms and existing processes