Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Living Room Experience team is seeking a Software Developer - Engineering Infrastructure who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. Our Engineering Infrastructure Team is looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us increase the effectiveness of our engineering effort through the design, implementation, and rollout of best-of-class test tools and engineering processes. If you're a seasoned SDE looking to take that next step, looking to make a significant impact across an organization primed to revolutionize the way our users watch their favorite shows and movies, this could be the job for you! Hulu's Living Room team located in Seattle creates the Hulu clients that run-on Xbox, Playstation, Apple TV, Roku, FireTV, just to name a few. Our small, highly-capable team is responsible for the UI for the fastest-growing segment of Hulu subscribers, using all the best devices, the very day those devices ship. Everything we do directly affects millions of consumers, their experience with our service, and Hulu’s bottom line.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help design and roll-out technically robust and elegant CI solutions which enable our engineering teams to release our application on a growing number of devices for a growing number of partners.
- Work closely with all disciplines within our engineering team to define and implement clever and inventive test tools and process to increase the efficiency and capacity of our ever-growing QA organization.
- Work with our QA and Dev team to create and implement a smart and sustainable test automation strategy.
- Be on the ground-floor of redefining how we all engage with and consume video content in the living room.
WHAT TO BRING
- Minimum of 1+ years’ professional experience as an SDE
- Strong programming and scripting skills using a modern programming language like Java or C#.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Experience with Scrum and test-driven development.
- Fluency in best practices for multi-platform design.
- In-depth knowledge of Continuous Integration concepts along with tools such as Teamcity and Jenkins with a demonstrated ability to implement and deploy great solutions.
- Independent, energetic, and capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguity.
- A natural curiosity with how things work, why things break, and how to go about fixing them.
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience developing for XBox, PlayStation, AppleTV, or similar devices is a plus.We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.