Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Developer Tools Team is seeking a Software Developer with the chops for Ops who will be an exceptional addition to our team. The Developer Tools Team is responsible for the tools used by all Hulu engineers. From CI/CD pipelines to infrastructure management, we enable development teams to achieve high velocity with confidence and reliability. We aim to be champions of DevOps methodologies so that developers can focus on feature development. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that will define and build the tools to deliver the next generation of Hulu.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop tools that optimize developer productivity, improve software quality, and support continuous delivery
- Build, deploy, and maintain highly available, fault-tolerant, and scalable services
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of our internal infrastructure
- Identify, evaluate, deploy, and troubleshoot open source tools and technologies
- Troubleshoot performance and system problems, identify and implement solutions
- Advocate DevOps tools and best practices among the development teams
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.)
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Passionate about automation, testing, and code quality
- Can work independently but knows when to ask for help or clarification
- Familiarity with AWS
- Understanding of CICD concepts
- Exposure to infrastructure management tools, ie: Terraform, Salt/Chef/CloudFormation
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.