Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s Product Organization is seeking a Manager, Technical Account Management, who will be an exceptional addition to the Device Experiences team. In this role, you will manage a team of Technical Account Managers (TAMs) who drive Hulu’s partnerships with our portfolio of external distribution partners including hardware device and billing partners, developing and growing the technical relationships in order to enable Hulu to deliver on high value customer engagement experiences that will delight our viewers. You and your team will demonstrate a deep understanding of partner technical requirements, priorities, and roadmaps to inform and influence Hulu’s product strategy for how to build the best Hulu experience on a partner device or through a partner’s billing capabilities (e.g. Apple, Roku). The ideal candidate is a proven and motivating leader, works effectively with internal stakeholders and external partners, demonstrates strong organizational and exceptional communication skills, and embraces a technical, fast paced and dynamic environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead a team of dedicated Technical Account Managers
- Manage and develop the technical and product relationship with external hardware partners for distribution and billing on living room and mobile platforms
- Influence partners to help Hulu build out the best possible experience for Hulu subscribers
- Collaborate closely with our product management, engineering development, business partnerships, and technical program management teams to ensure end to end execution on Hulu integrations with distribution partners
- Work with the product management team to input into Hulu’s prioritized roadmap and backlog, leveraging device integration opportunities to advance Hulu’s engagement and subscriber growth goals for living room & mobile platforms
- Maintains clear and consistent org-wide communications to drive broad visibility into the health and status of our hardware partnerships
- Proactively identify and drive partner issues and incidents to resolution
- Work with business and data analyst internal teams to measure and monitor the performance and health of our partner device integrations
- Drive internal cross-functional team-wide technical initiatives to support the Hulu device program
- Be a team player with character, high humility and integrity, helping build a healthy team environment
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years of technical partner or account management experience focused on the delivery of software and/or hardware products
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Previous experience collaborating with multi-functional teams to launch complex product initiatives in an agile environment
- Outstanding communication skills rooted in structured problem solving and factual analysis
- Interpersonal savviness to develop cooperative working relationships both internal and external to Hulu, in person and over video conferencing.
- Optimistic and positive outlook in the face of a dynamic and changing environment
- Bachelor’s in a relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or business management
- Experience working on media streaming products and/or consumer electronics
- Understanding of video playback technologies