Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Marketing team is seeking a Product Marketing Manager (PMM) Intern who will be an exceptional addition to our growing On-Channel Product Marketing team. The On-Channel Product Marketing team is focused on two core areas of the in-app experience: the user experience of discovering, managing, and playing video content, and Hulu’s ability to effectively “market” our content to our subscribers within the Hulu app. In this position, you will be working with the team that is uncovering and defining the most important and innovative opportunities for Hulu’s best-in-class streaming experience, which millions of customers use to access world-class premium video content.
This isn’t a ‘get me some coffee’ internship. We want and expect you to be an integral member of the team, to challenge us, learn from us, provide new thinking, and help us work toward our ambitious and exciting plans.
The right person for this job is someone passionate about the media and technology industries, loves stepping into the shoes of our Hulu subscribers to understand their pain points and their needs when they are watching TV on Hulu, and will be laser-focused on the needs of the business. You will use your findings to write business requirements that capture Hulu’s most important opportunities for growth, and collaborate with Hulu’s Product team, who will develop solutions and experiences based on your requirements. If you’re an MBA student who wants to be part of the team that’s POWERING PLAY, then we’d love to talk to you.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and prioritize user needs around how Hulu users discover and play content
- Identify the opportunity size of key user and business needs
- Translate the above needs and opportunities into business requirements documents (BRDs)
- Work hand-in-hand with our Product team to ensure that BRDs are translated into product solutions that will be built and shipped to our users
- Create and help execute the go-to-market strategy to inform and educate our users on new product solutions
- Get first hand experience socializing and presenting your work to other teams
- Learn the business of Hulu by interacting with teams from across the company
- Have a lot of fun in the process!
What to Bring
- An obsession over the customer
- A passion for TV and a knowledge of the streaming marketplace
- High standards and a history of driving projects with meaningful business value
- A willingness to take ownership and run with a challenge
- An ability to dive into data in order to develop thoughtful recommendations to complex challenges
- Excellent communication skills
- A great attitude!
- Relevant product marketing or product management courses, or previous product marketing or product management experience