Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Search team is part of Personalization and Content Discovery team who dedicated to connect Hulu user with our high quality content resources at the right time in the right place. No matter user is on PC, Mobile, or any Living room devices we will present the most personalized watching experience also enable user explore our large inventory effortlessly.
Are you passionate about working on disruptive ideas? Are you exited to build large-scale service for all popular devices? Are you interested to work with top engineers and researchers? This is a unique opportunity that combines the ability to build new and exciting user experiences for Hulu’s customers with a big boost for your career with the cut-edge technologies.
About you: (Senior Software Development Lead - Search)
This role requires outstanding passion for build high-quality, high-scalable service. As the key member of the team, you will oversee all aspects of the software lifecycle. You will lead and help drive the technical decision-making process and develop innovative products and processes for our team and for Hulu users.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build and manage team of software engineers to deliver awesome products and experiences to Hulu user
- Help to drive the architecture and tech choices
- Hire/coach/develop top performing engineers
- Solve difficult challenges using your expertise and experience
- Establish a solid project framework and engineering process
- Build up data driven culture
Specifically for search team:
- Continuously improve the experience of Hulu’s video search service by defining, collecting, improving key metrics and working closely with Product/Web Site/Mobile/Living Room teams
- Responsible for search functionalities including but not limited to search front-end UI, spell check, auto-suggestion, etc. Also responsible for hulu’s search infrastructure includes off-site metadata crawler, natural language processor, search indexing and ranking
- Lead the research effort for NLP, Learning to rank, Knowledge graph
WHAT TO BRING
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Real world search related research experience, especially in NLP, Relevance & Ranking, Crawler
- Strong tech background , hands on experience in real world large scale projects
- Comprehensive knowledge in software development cycle
- 6+ years software development experience
- 2+ years team/tech management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Past work experiences in US
- Experience taking a lead role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered