Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The Advertising Platform team at Hulu's Santa Monica location is looking for a strong Solutions Engineer to join our team. Hulu runs one of the largest proprietary video ad serving systems on the Internet, with thousands of advertisers and billions of ads served per month. Our ad server makes thousands of decisions per second to optimize the value of each impression for both our advertisers and our viewers. The ad server is part of a complex ecosystem consisting of multiple internal and external systems. Problems can arise in any of our multiple integrations, and troubleshooting issues requires deep technical awareness of the system to be able to properly identify root causes and propose solutions for systemic problems. Our new solutions engineering team will be responsible for driving these investigations, including coordinating communication with internal and external parties, keeping track of open issues, and coming up with creative means for getting to the right data to identify the problem.Successful candidates will have a background in a solutions oriented support role, ideally with experience working with both business oriented stakeholders and engineering teams.You will be able to socialize, implement, drive and maintain standards for the overall quality of the Ad Platform team. You will join a solutions engineering team responsible for supporting internal and external support requests. You will contribute to the implementation of solutions which will automate support tasks. You will be able to discover and develop solutions for speeding up and troubleshooting internal and external system integrations. You will have strong communications skills, both within engineering teams and with partners across the business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Answer questions, solve problems and drive solutions for internal and external business stakeholders.
- Work with senior engineers on the Ad Platform team to define the next generation architecture for applications to support Hulu technical and non-technical stakeholder; including identifying gaps in the existing system and designing alternatives that are scalable, robust and easy to maintain.
- Document common support request procedures for the Ad Platform Solutions Engineering team.
- Identify opportunities for automating support tasks and drive implementation of those solutions.
- Assist in transitioning support tasks from engineering team to Solutions Engineering team.
- Coach and mentor other engineers on the team to ensure that all software conforms to the highest quality standards.
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, and execution for the solutions engineering group in the Ad Platform.
WHAT TO BRING
- 2+ years of top-tier solutions engineering experience.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-throughput web application.
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
- Familiarity in at least one widely used server-side programming language (Java, C#, Python, etc.)
- Previous experience in the Ad Tech space (e.g. ad network, demand-side platform, etc.)
- Experience working in a mix of Cloud and Enterprise data center environmentsWe will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.