Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu's small and growing Seattle office is seeking hardworking individuals to help us reinvent television. You will help build a service where people can find and enjoy the world's premium video content when, where, and how they want it. Do you love to build scaling software, thrive in a collaborative environment, and jump at the opportunity to tackle new challenges? If so, then Hulu may be the place for you. The team aims high, and we believe this standard helps us deliver exceptional service. We are looking for an engineering manager to drive the systems that power all of our user experiences. As the manager for this team, you would be responsible for the team that creates the services and APIs to authorize and deliver metadata to our users, builds the APIs that our devices utilize to build the rich Hulu UI experience, and engineers our services to handle thousands of requests a second while delivering on a high SLA. There is no shortage of tough, non-trivial challenges facing Hulu as we work to change the way that television is viewed online, and you can be an integral part of making that happen. This role requires a hands-on engineering manager that can empower the team to evolve system architecture, partner with other teams in building cogent APIs, improve reuse, bring strong operational experience and the ability to lead engineers towards high quality product delivery.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead a team of highly capable engineers that are crafting, building, and maintaining large-scale web services.
- Collaborate with senior internal team members and external partners to collect requirements and drive implementation.
- Be responsible for the operations for the team's services to ensure stability and uptime.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership for software engineers and mentor new team members.
- Support efforts to follow and improve engineering standards of the team through code reviews, test driven development, continuous integration, and fail-safe design.
- Be willing to get into the details and do what is necessary to help the team be successful
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- 4+ years as a people manager, leading engineers
- 8+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Experience running and operating critical, highly scalable, RESTful web-services
- A passion for building robust and reliable technology