Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s mission is to help people find and enjoy the world's premium video content when, where and how they want it. As we pursue this mission, we aspire to create a service that users, advertisers, distributors and content owners unabashedly love. To support us in this mission we are searching for a Product Manager to help our viewers find what they are looking for in the Hulu experience. As the Search Product Manager at Hulu, you will be responsible for overseeing Hulu’s end to end product strategy and roadmap, ideation, prioritization and developing processes for our search product, powering the Hulu experience across dozens of devices with different form factors and interaction models. The ideal Hulugan for this role should: Deeply understand Hulu’s search and data technologies as well as user experience needs, communicate complex problems concisely and clearly to both technical and non-technical people, and champion product quality by providing product direction to a large team of engineers and researchers . If you are someone who has a passion for solving user experience problems with innovative applications of advanced technology, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help millions of viewers find what they are looking for in Hulu’s ever-growing catalog of TV Shows, Movies and clips
- Create and manage Hulu’s multi-year roadmap for the search product, working closely with the user experience, content, marketing, finance and technology teams
- Set and align search experience goals within the product team and make quick and clear trade-off decisions when needed
- Drive search quality across all of our experience platforms by giving direction to a large team of engineers and researchers
- Empower our organizations with rich insights on what our viewer’s are looking for
- Partner internally and externally to drive innovation in the Hulu experience
WHAT TO BRING
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of product development experience
- Deep expertise in search technologies spanning query understanding, matching and ranking
- Experience with semantic search.
- Experience with giving direction to engineering and research teams solving complex problems using applications of machine learning.
- Proven experience and success in driving search quality for an industry leading consumer product.
- Great product intuition, backed by a track record of successful outcomes.
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working in both highly agile environments as well as large product development efforts
- Deep passion for TV and Movies, and the experience people have with each.
- Experience with TV platforms
- Experience with content analytics