Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s Experimentation Services and Platform team enables Hulu’s data driven culture by building our internal experimentation platform and supporting the experimentation program here at Hulu. We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to help build our experimentation platform with a focus on experiment delivery, supporting the experimentation programs of internal clients using our internal platform. You’ll work to define and develop platform features to improve efficiency of throughput of experiment delivery. You’ll also be your own first customer and pressure test your platform features as you work with UX designers, Product Managers, and client developers to explore, validate, and optimize new and existing features of our product. If you are the curious type who loves to discover the answers to interesting questions, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and build core features of our experimentation platform.
- Work with teams across the Hulu tech stack to integrate the experimentation platform with internal tools and services.
- Work with UX designers and Product Managers to deliver a robust experimentation program for product features at Hulu.
- Build and launch A/B tests on various the Hulu devices and services.
- Help redefine how viewers engage with and consume video content on Hulu.
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years of experience developing web-services and data-driven application architecture.
- Proven experience developing client applications.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc).
- You are independent, dedicated, and capable of driving for results across teams.
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- Experience running or supporting A/B or Multivariate tests.
- Exposure to analytics, statistics, or machine learning.
- Understanding of population sampling and study.