Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The VOD Pipeline team is responsible for building and operating a large scale distributed system to handle Video-On-Demand (VOD) business in Hulu. This team is seeking for a software developer who is a passionate video technology pioneer, a practical programmer and a problem solver, and always be intellectually curious and innovative. If you are someone who wants to play a key role in creating world-class video streaming experience, this will be a great opportunity for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Bring cutting-edge video industry technology to team and develop advanced video features into Hulu’s VOD pipeline.
- Daily operation on Hulu’s VOD pipeline, diagnose and debug video issues in production environment
- Improve VOD pipeline’s performance, scalability and stability
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related majors
- 2-5 years of software development experience using C, C++, Go, or Python
- Experience of video streaming / playback implementation / MPEG-DASH / DRM / QoS improvement / ffmpeg preferred
- Strong software development skills in backend
- Great communication and collaboration skills, have strong teamwork ethic
- Passionate about building video technologies and continuously improving user experience
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience on building online video streaming systems
- Deep knowledge on video coding standard and technologies