Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Personalization group is seeking a Senior Product Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Product team. As a Senior Product Manager at Hulu, you work extensively with internal and external stakeholders on recommendations projects. The aim will be to create new pipelines of signals/data to improve recommendations as well as forge new partnerships (internal and external) to explore better ways to make recommendations. The right person for this role is a pragmatist who can assess many potential investment areas with an eye towards data and feasibility. While technical savvy and curiosity is a must, success in this role will likely hinge on the ability to work effectively across a diverse set of stakeholders; communication skills, goal setting, and complexity management will be key competencies. This role will be at the bleeding edge of Hulu and the industry. Come join a rapidly-growing company where you’ll be establishing the strategy to inform years of work to come
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Define strategy for how Hulu should balance and integrate human and machine signals in creating the best experiences and recommendations
- Partner with internal researchers and external partners on proofs-of-concept of new recommendations technology. Drive go/no-go decisions and ultimate roadmap for incorporation of explorations into user experience.
- Define and execute on strategy for human judgements on recommendations
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager
- Experience in working on complex machine learning systems
- Experience with machine learning at scale
- Data-oriented mindset and proven ability to use data to explore all aspects of a problem
- Clear, logical communication skills and an ability to adjust your style based upon your audience -- from non-technical to machine learning PhDs.
- Passion for TV
- Openness for learning -- in the machine learning space, we often find ourselves reading the latest research paper or playing with a new proof-of-concept. In this role, you’ll aim to seek this information out not only out of curiosity, but also to source ideas for your next project.
- Experience with non-technical partners or 3rd party vendors
- Experience in social/entertainment space (music, video, social)
- Experience working on experimentation or proof-of-concepts
- Experience working with design teams on user experience definition. This role will straddle backend and frontend engineering areas -- making better recommendations will involve thinking through both the logic and the experience for how recommendations appear to users.