Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Content Platform team is seeking a strong Principal Developer or Architect who will help us define the future architecture for the content platform. The Content Platform technology team is responsible for the end-to-end technology needs to acquire content from over 500 partners and deliver the highest quality video to tens of millions of users. Successful candidates will work hand-in-hand with our Product and Content teams to understand the unique problems they face and design solutions that exceed the state-of-the-art in the industry today. You will be involved in every phase of the product development, from problem definition, to design, implementation, and delivery. You will coach and mentor both junior and senior engineers within the team to raise standards of software excellence and lead by example to build a team with a relentless focus on best practices in software development and continuous delivery of business value.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Define the next generation architecture for Hulu's content metadata ingestion and publishing; including identifying gaps in the existing system and designing alternatives that are scalable, robust and easy to maintain
- Coach and mentor other engineers on the team to ensure that all software conforms to the highest quality standards
- Work with content partners to advance new standards and get the most value out of external solutions
- Actively participate in architecture and design discussions with engineering teams across the entire company to help influence design and stability across the system
WHAT TO BRING
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of top-tier software development experience; at least 4 years with backend, service-oriented architecture
- Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures
- Familiarity with large-scale distributed system design
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
- Familiarity with one or more of: Java, Python, C++ or Go
- Ability to be very hands-on and code when necessary. We believe that architects should lead by example.
- Experience with application of Machine Learning or NLP principles
You can view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role apply! We want to hear from you!